Monday, July 30, 2012

my super cute dorm shelf | PART ONE

This is the first part of my dorm shelf: Creating the actual shelf!

Here's what I used and how much it cost:



This shelf from The Container Store (it's the medium $7.99 one)



This fabric pattern from fabric.com (I bought 1/2 yard for $4, and bought some other stuff too to get free shipping)
Premier Prints Twill Suzani Corn Yellow


Also need: scissors and a glue gun


NOW FOR THE STEPS


STEP 1 | measure/attach your fabric


Just lay your fabric on the shelf (if you bought 1/2 yard like me, it's the perfect width) and cut however much you need. Then, I used paperclips to secure the fabric to the shelf for when I turned it over


















STEP 2 | cut the corners


Just snip the corners so your fabric can go around that little bar that's sticking out (I hung the price tag from that bar so you could see it :)


















STEP 3 | glue the fabric to the shelf


Pretty much just that. You need to make sure it's nice and taught.


















STEP 4 | you're done!


Flip your shelf over. Isn't it so pretty?
























Here's the complete shelf with the bins I made as well. CLICK HERE to see how I made the bins!




Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment