Monday, July 30, 2012

my super cute dorm shelf | PART TWO



ok, so here's the other half of my super cute dorm shelf post. 


So, here's what I used to make these bins. 


1. These filing boxes from The Container Store (two mediums and one small)

2. This cute chevron fabric from fabric.com 
Premier Prints ZigZag Village Blue/Natural


3. These little chalkboard stickers from an etsy shop


You also need: Mod Podge, scissors, and a pen.


I don't have pictures of how I made this, so I'll just give a recap



  1. lay the fabric face down on the table
  2. lay the face of the bin on the fabric and trace it out. Also, trace the big hole at the top of the bin (I didn't trace the little holes
  3. cut your fabric
  4. DRENCH the face side of the fabric in mod podge
  5. lay the fabric on the inside of the bin and press down.
  6. Once the mod podge dries, put the chalkboard sticker on the front of the bin
Now you're done!






No comments:

Post a Comment